Want to see me make some pancakes? Check out the video here! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBbuquIVSuE&t=7s
200g Self Raising Flour
1 tsp Bicarbonate Soda
1 tsp Cream of Tartar
1/2 tsp Salt
2 tbsp Golden Syrup
Oil, for frying
The yield depends on the size you like your pancakes
- Sieve the dry ingredients. Beat the eggs.
- Add the beaten eggs to the dry mix followed by the golden syrup. Add a little milk at a time and mix well until a thick batter is reached.
- Rest the batter for 5 minutes. You will notice that the batter will have risen well and thickened more. Give it a little stir and add a little more milk if needs be to make it a little pourable.
- Heat a pan on a medium high heat. Carefully brush the pan lightly with a little oil. Pour some batter onto the pan. You will see small air bubbles begin to appear on the top, this is a sign that the pancake is ready to turn over and after about 2 minutes carefully flip the pancake over with a fish slice and cook for another 2 minutes.
- If you are cooking more than one at a time, allow plenty of space between each pancake. Place the pancakes on a cooling wire and cover with a clean dish towel. Serve the pancakes with a drizzle of golden syrup, squirty cream, your favourite fruits or just a little bit of butter.
- The pancakes are ready to eat right away or can be stored in an air tight container. They also freeze well.